Barbara Howell: Legacy behind Market Street park
Urbana Black Heritage Festival set for June 18
CCHS welcomes new board
Local automotive start-up hosts car show in honor of late father
Mechanicsburg Public Library May activities
- Barbara Howell: Legacy behind Market Street park - 6:33 pm
- Urbana Black Heritage Festival set for June 18 - 6:32 pm
- Winner of painting - 10:03 pm
- ROAD WORK - 10:03 pm
- Sign up for free email and Google Docs classes at library - 10:01 pm
- Suicide Prevention Coalition: Save a life - 10:01 pm
- CCHS welcomes new board - 10:00 pm
- Local automotive start-up hosts car show in honor of late father - 1:46 pm
- Mechanicsburg Public Library May activities - 1:46 pm
- St. Paris wants multi-use path - 12:01 pm
- Champaign County to gather May 5 for Local National Day of Prayer Service - 9:21 pm
- PET OF THE WEEK - 9:21 pm
- Real life ‘Rosie’ visits Urbana - 9:21 pm
- Hughey & Phillips awarded $37M Navy contract - 9:19 pm
- Empty Bowls returns after hiatus - 9:18 pm
- Urbana, Appleseed groups collaborate - 2:00 am
- Fire damages Urbana Twp. structure - 8:27 pm
- LifeCare Alliance honors Champaign County volunteers - 8:27 pm updated: 8:29 pm.
- Mercy Health – Urbana participates in National Prescription Drug Take Back Day - 8:24 pm
- Logan Cole graduating from Cedarville - 8:44 pm
- UHS DECA competes; Johnson places Top 10 at National - 8:44 pm
- Helping at The Wherehouse - 8:44 pm
- Bank donates $5,000 to UYC - 10:47 pm
- CLUB NEWS - 10:46 pm
- Early voting still possible for May 3 Primary - 10:46 pm
St. Paris wants multi-use path
ST. PARIS – On March 18, Brenda Cook, mayor of St. Paris, submitted a proposal for state improvement funding for a multi-use path, called the Po...
Champaign County to gather May 5 for Local National Day of Prayer Service
The Champaign County Ministerial Association invites the Champaign County community to gather Thursday, May 5, at 6:30 p.m., for a local National Day ...
PET OF THE WEEK
Paws Animal ShelterMeet Sulley! Sulley is a 7-year-old long haired black and white neutered male. He came to PAWS when his previous owner passed away....
Real life ‘Rosie’ visits Urbana
At 96 years young, Mae Krier is a real-life “Rosie the Riveter,” a catch-all term referencing the women who flooded factories and shipyard...
Hughey & Phillips awarded $37M Navy contract
Hughey & Phillips (H&P), a global leader in the airfield and obstruction lighting industry, recently announced a new award from the Naval Air ...
Empty Bowls returns after hiatus
A fundraiser for Second Harvest Food Bank, the 11th Annual Empty Bowls was held Thursday evening at the Champaign County Fairgrounds Merchants Buildin...
Triad nips West Liberty-Salem in baseball
NORTH LEWISBURG – Triad nipped WL-S, 3-2, in OHC baseball on Friday.For the Cardinals, Drue Instine was 2 for 2.On Saturday, Triad held off Gree...
Triad, Urbana fall in baseball
ENON – Greenon beat Triad, 4-0, in OHC baseball.The Cardinals are now 2-11, 2-7.UHS fallsRICHWOOD – North Union nipped Urbana, 12-11, in C...
Indians knock off Fairbanks in softball
MILFORD CENTER – Mechanicsburg topped Fairbanks, 6-4, in OHC softball.For the Indians (10-2, 10-1), Addie DeLong, Aleesa Fraley, Peyton Groves a...
April 29th, 2022 | Knit Top with Sequins and ruche side gathers
Graham hosts junior high track meet
ST. PARIS – Graham hosted a 14-team junior high track meet this week. The Falcon boys placed seventh and the girls were ninth.Top finishers for ...
April 29th, 2022 | Men's Havaianas Flip Flop Style Sandals Size 9/10
Graham athletes sign letters of intent
Graham senior Lauran Bailey recently signed a letter of intent toplay soccer at Mount Union. In the front row (left to right) are Tony Bailey, Lauran ...
Racing at Shady Bowl set for Saturday
DeGRAFF – Shady Bowl Speedway will host two traveling series divisions, plus hold the first stage of the Ohio 300 for the Dave Nagel Excavating ...
Looking Back – Runkle Family Singers
This looking back features the Runkle Family Singers of St. Paris. The photos are from a 1923 promotional brochure outlining “A Tentative Progra...
Looking Back – Cable
This is a 1900 postcard photo (#A1364) of the Cable Pennsylvania Railroad depot. Cable was the next stop on the Pennsylvania Railroad west of Brush La...
WL-S grads excel at University of Cincinnati
Two 2021 West Liberty-Salem graduates, Kaylee Levan and Luke Hudson, now attend the University of Cincinnati. Both are freshmen at UC and part of the ...
Wares celebrate 60 years
Alan and Antoinette Ware, residents of Urbana, recently celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary on December 31.Alan was born and raised in Urbana an...
First baby of 2022
The obstetrics team at the Memorial Hospital Miracle Life Center was excited to welcome the first baby of 2022 – Adariah Billie Rose McCarty was...
Hazel – No longer in a room down the hall
Tears persisted as I read Kendahl Throckmorton’s beautifully-compelling piece about her precious daughter’s kindergarten plans:Hazel will ...
Bail reform legislation has widespread bipartisan support
A recent Ohio Supreme Court decision reached by following existing law has prompted renewed focus on changing the state’s bail system for people...
So many shining moments!
Well, the hype and the hoopla have subsided for another year. The national frenzy of the last two weeks pretty much surpassed Super Bowl Sunday, excep...
A month of gladness, madness, and sadness
Since my birthday on February 24, more than a few children have garnered my attention. Thanks to media of several kinds, I have witnessed the pluck, t...
Including everyone makes the community better
EDITOR’S NOTE: This is one in a series of outreach columns from the Champaign County Board of Developmental Disabilities.You may have heard radi...
Farm Rescuers among us
Last Thursday, millions of Americans celebrated the luck of the Irish with the wearin’ of the green. But there was another holiday on the same c...